When unpacking an inexpensive plastic Jack-o-lantern for this year’s Halloween decorating, I got inspired to upgrade it with some NeoPixels.
This project only uses a few parts:
- NeoPixel Ring (16 or 12 pixels)
- Arduino Uno (or compatible like the Adafruit Metro)
- Few inches of 20 AWG wire
- 9v power supply (optional)
- One 470 ohm resistor (optional)
- 2-1/2″ square of shiny mylar and clear tape (optional)
For tools, you will need:
- Soldering Iron
- Wire stripper
- Diagonal cutter (For trimming soldered wires)
Let’s light up a pumpkin!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — MakerBot’s technology of the future grapples with its rocky past
Wearables — Glue thoughts
Electronics — Check out this shorthand shortcut
Biohacking — Take a Tour of the Alcor Cryonics Facility
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.