In this instuctable you will learn how to make world clock weather bot using Arduino Mega and ESP8266 (AT mode).
• personalized bot with LCD screen as mouth, potentiometer as nose and green LEDs as eyes
• choosing wanted city/country by using serial communication
• saving wanted city/country into EEPROM memory
• getting geolocation data, weather data and country code using OpenWeatherMap API and ESP8266
• getting local time using TimezoneDB API and ESP8266
• putting local time in a DS3231 real time clock module
• showing local time in real time and weather data on LCD screen
• showing chosen country code on LCD screen
• turning LEDs on according to the weather (yellow LED attached to sun picture goes on if it’s a sunny day, blue LEDs go on and off according to how much does it rain etc.)
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Undercover in an iPhone Factory (video)
Wearables — Go with silicone
Electronics — Shift away from basic arithmetic
Biohacking — Bunnies Book “The Hardware Hacker” Applies to Biohackers
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.