In this instuctable you will learn how to make world clock weather bot using Arduino Mega and ESP8266 (AT mode).
• personalized bot with LCD screen as mouth, potentiometer as nose and green LEDs as eyes
• choosing wanted city/country by using serial communication
• saving wanted city/country into EEPROM memory
• getting geolocation data, weather data and country code using OpenWeatherMap API and ESP8266
• getting local time using TimezoneDB API and ESP8266
• putting local time in a DS3231 real time clock module
• showing local time in real time and weather data on LCD screen
• showing chosen country code on LCD screen
• turning LEDs on according to the weather (yellow LED attached to sun picture goes on if it’s a sunny day, blue LEDs go on and off according to how much does it rain etc.)
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — TechShop is closed, files bankruptcy
Wearables — Don’t shy away from intricacy
Electronics — Are you grounded?
Biohacking — Learning to See with Sound
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.