We’re excited to announce this most epic fan challenge of all time…. Bit Wars! Starting today and ending on Dec. 19, we challenge you and your community to invent a new gadget for your favorite Star Wars character. Then film a video that either recreates or remixes your favorite scene, starring YOU and your new creation.
GET ALL THE DETAILS IN THE CHALLENGE PAGE : http://littlebits.cc/bit-wars
Step 1: Choose Your Path
Select which challenge category you want to create an invention for. Multiple entries encouraged! Can’t decide? Close your eyes and use the Force. Category winners each get a Kit & special swag! Multiple entries encouraged!
- Geekiest Costume: Bitify your favorite character. Try a Synth Lord costume with its own soundtrack, or an O-Bit-wan Kenobi cape.
- Ultimate Droid: Bee-boop beep-boop. Invent your own droid inspired by your favorite robotic sidekick!
- Most Legit Lightsaber: Put your own spin on a lightsaber and create a more elegant weapon for a more civilized age.
- Award-Winning Film: Step into the story! Film an original Star Wars storyline or recreate your favorite scene.
Step 2: Invent a Gadget
Create a new accessory for your favorite character to conquer the galaxy with. Check out some entries from the community for bitspiration.
- How To Make Star Wars BB8 Droid by Marjan Atanasovski
- Yoda lifts the X-wing by Braden Irish
- Luke’s Sidewinder by Tom Balzamo
- R2D2 BitRobot by Diego Thurler
- R2D2 Here comes the little guy by ProArtisan
Step 3: Make a Video
Give George Lucas a run for his money! Step into the story and tell it a new way (keep it PG please). We have prepared some pro tips to create your film, check out our blog post.
Step 4: Share Your Masterpiece
Enter by uploading your creation to the Invent page including a youtube video and using #BitWars.
DEADLINE IS December 19 at midnight EST.
Step 5: Join the Global Makeathon
Make alone you need not. From December 11-13, join a Global Makeathon event at Chapters in over 100 cities, from NYC to Beijing and across the DagoBit System. Or host your own 🙂 We’ve compiled a Resource Guide to help you navigate this workshop like the Millennium Falcon in an astroid field.
May the bits be with you.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — “ORANGE PI: MEETING WITH STEVEN ZHAO IN SHENZHEN”
Wearables — Design with IFTTT
Electronics — Keep track of those rails!
Biohacking — Why Our Eyes Cannot Look at a Solar Eclipse
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.