The trouble began last Thursday, Dec. 10. Singh had just finished a history test when he opened his backpack to put away his things. Singh’s backpack is a “power bag,” he told the Morning News, which means it has a battery at the front to charge a cell phone. Armaan himself said classmate saw a battery pack wired into in his backpack and they exchanged wisecracks about it being a bomb. “I thought it was a joke, so I started laughing and he started laughing,” Armaan told the News. “The next thing you know, I’m reading with my friend, and police come in, grab me and take me outside.”
As usual, the caveat is, we and no one will know the details about this while the story develops, we’ll update the post as more comes in. If true, this part is heartbreaking 🙁 Neither the cops nor Sarai’s school notified his parents. Though he’s only 12, Sarai has had multiple heart surgeries due to a congenital problem — his parents were worried for his health as well as his safety.
Kids and adults do stupid things, how the adults handle things is what matters and sends a signal to the world and in particular the kids, there seems to be some training needed for school officials if and when issues like this come up – or at least some common sense.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Adafruit interviews Dan Rasure, Managing Partner TechShop 2.0
Wearables — Simulate tattoos
Electronics — Heatsinks aren’t enough!
Biohacking — Getting More from Home DNA Testing
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.