This time I made a door and windows state monitor for a friend which is building a new house.
The specifications are pretty simple :
- Check the state of each window
- 2x 2 parts sliding doors
- 1x 3 parts sliding door
- 1x door
- 1x hopper
- 1x 2 parts sliding windows
- 2x tilt and turn
- 3x 2 casements windows
- 1x garage door
- Hidden sensors
- Web enabled state reading
- 2 power sources
- Normal power supply
- Back-up power supply from the alarm
- Wired sensors (most secured and no battery)
- A single isolated output representing the global Doors and Windows state for an external alarm with the possibility to exclude some sensor of the global state
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — How Intel Makes a Chip
Wearables — Tape tactics
Electronics — Ground connections cooler via more vias
Biohacking — Itch Tracker for Apple Watch
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.