Nice post from ModPurist on how to do acetone print transfers.
I was recently in a discussion with a fellow modder here at BitFix about making a logo for the carrying case of his mod, I suggested an acetone transfer might work, but at the time I had no idea what the process was, so I looked into it more. I found out that its pretty easy and can result in very nice prints.
Here is a simple run through of how to do an acetone print transfer.
What you will need:
- Pure Acetone (the main ingredient in finger nail polish remover)
- Image printed mirrored with a laser printer
- Medium to transfer to (cloth, wood, metal, thicker paper)
- Something to press with (sort of optional)
- Tape to hold the print in place
Read the full post here.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Make metallic magic
Electronics — Inadequate volt signal
Biohacking — Arduino Based “Row Bots” Test Rowing Efficiency
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.