the set-up is as follows, glued, soldered and taped up in an amateur fashion:
- an adafruit gemma superglued to my cast
- a neopixel ring superglued to my cast, hooked up to 5v, ground and D1 on the gemma
- a neopixel jewel superglued to my cast, hooked up to 5v, ground and D2 on the gemma
- a momentary switch, pulling D0 on the gemma to ground (code adds a pullup resistor to make the switch function)
- a lipoly battery powering the gemma
plug the gemma on your arm into your usb port like a minor character in a cyberpunk novel, write the sketch in this repo using the ardiuno ide, and power up.
Featured Adafruit Products!
NeoPixel Jewel – 7 x WS2812 5050 RGB LED with Integrated Drivers: Be the belle of the ball with the NeoPixel Jewel! We fit seven of our tiny 5050 (5mm x 5mm) smart RGB LEDs onto a beautiful, round PCB with mounting holes and a chainable design to create what we think is our most elegant (and evening-wear appropriate) NeoPixel board yet. Read more.
Adafruit GEMMA v2 – Miniature wearable electronic platform: Love FLORA but want a bite-sized version? Look no further, GEMMA is a tiny wearable platform board with a lot of might in a 1″ diameter package. Powered by a Attiny85 and programmable with an Arduino IDE over USB, you’ll be able to realize any wearable project! Read more.
Every Wednesday is Wearable Wednesday here at Adafruit! We’re bringing you the blinkiest, most fashionable, innovative, and useful wearables from around the web and in our own original projects featuring our wearable Arduino-compatible platform, FLORA. Be sure to post up your wearables projects in the forums or send us a link and you might be featured here on Wearable Wednesday!