Let’s see if we can build an FPGA-based system. The biggest challenge is that everything involved is completely different from software and hardware design. It’s a new ball game!
We will need:
- some hardware (evidently, an FPGA is still a chip, just a different one)
- a design, this is essentially the schematic and wiring diagram
- a software tool chain to “synthesise” the design into a “bit stream”
- a way to upload that bit stream into the FPGA
- a connection between the FPGA and the outside world
- a healthy dose of curiosity, concentration, and time…
There are too many unknowns and new aspects to this to tackle it all at once. Fortunately, there are some nice projects on the web to help us forward with relatively little effort.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Etching a stencil
Electronics — Is your op amp going crazy?
Biohacking — Token – A Wearable Ring with NFC & Bluetooth
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.