Building a MultiComp-based Z80
Let’s see if we can build an FPGA-based system. The biggest challenge is that everything involved is completely different from software and hardware design. It’s a new ball game!
We will need:
- some hardware (evidently, an FPGA is still a chip, just a different one)
- a design, this is essentially the schematic and wiring diagram
- a software tool chain to “synthesise” the design into a “bit stream”
- a way to upload that bit stream into the FPGA
- a connection between the FPGA and the outside world
- a healthy dose of curiosity, concentration, and time…
There are too many unknowns and new aspects to this to tackle it all at once. Fortunately, there are some nice projects on the web to help us forward with relatively little effort.
Join 4,000+ makers on Adafruit’s Discord channels and be part of the community! http://adafru.it/discord
Learn “How Computers Work” with Bill Gates, Ladyada and more – From Code.org !
CircuitPython in 2018 – Python on Microcontrollers is here!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Follow Adafruit on Instagram for top secret new products, behinds the scenes and more https://www.instagram.com/adafruit/
Maker Business — Prototyping PCBs with Particle, a guide from a pro in the field #makerbusiness
Wearables — Learn about stretch
Electronics — Even lower power!
Biohacking — Nectome’s Brain Preservation and Backup Service Plan
Get the only spam-free daily newsletter about wearables, running a "maker business", electronic tips and more! Subscribe at AdafruitDaily.com
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.