Autodesk 123D shares:
Autodesk Meshixer 3 adds a bunch of new tools and improvements. Complexes make it easy to design for multi-material 3D printing!!
Here’s a list of what’s new in this release:
– new Complex objects that contain internal partitions (beta!).
– Generate Complex tool to create a Complex from face groups
– Split Complex decomposes a Complex into separate solid shells
– new Export mode that automatically decomposes Complex on write
– new Align to Target tool to automatically align meshes in 3D
– new Unwrap tool flattens surface patches
– new SVG Export can export meshes as SVG (edges, colors, etc). Try it with Unwrap!
– new Mesh Query tool for visualizing mesh properties
– new measurement-based scene scaling workflow in Units/Dimensions tool
– new Select Intersecting action in Select tool (double-click on other scene objects)
– new Preserve Group Borders and Project To Target options in Smooth Boundary
– Remesh can now automatically preserve sharp edges
– Make Pattern can now clip to active Target object
– Make Solid updates and new mode to automatically preserve sharp edges (slow!)
– huge Booleans stability improvements
– minor improvements to Transform, Smooth, Replace and Reduce
– export support for SMESH format
– Pivot-drag positioning shortcut can now terminate on any surface in scene
– new unlit-texture shader
– support for Autodesk Screencast
– crazy bugfixes
– tons of UI improvements to indicate disabled/unavailable menus and settings
– lots of [scripting API improvements]
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!
Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Snap a picture
Electronics — To Y5V or not to Y5V?
Biohacking — Ticks are Spreading an Allergy to Meat
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.