Useful software for visualizing EAGLE layouts! Check it out.
What is Copper?
Copper is able to open any Eagle CAD file saved in the XML file format (Version 6 and above). Copper stores its own settings in another file stored along the .brd and .sch files generated by Eagle and syncs any changes made in Eagle. Now you can:
- Generate 3D Models of your PCB with ease and fun (see our Gallery for examples)
- Attach real parts from your favorite Distributor using Built-In Part Search Engine powered by Octopart.com
- Manage your Bill of Materials and check Pricing & Availability of all Parts
- Manage Datasheets of all your Parts at one place (including bookmarks)
- Generate high resolution, awesome 2D images of your board
- Generate images of your 3D PCB with lights, textures, depth of field effects and various solder masks
- Export the 3D model to your Mechanical CAD software for building enclosures.
- Analyze your PCB for errors using Coppers real time tools
- Highlight multiple parts by name or value for Assistance while assembling your PCB
- Check Signals for connected parts, length, number of vias
- Find errors beyond DRC that are hard to find
- And much more …
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Adafruit interviews Dan Rasure, Managing Partner TechShop 2.0
Wearables — Simulate tattoos
Electronics — Heatsinks aren’t enough!
Biohacking — Getting More from Home DNA Testing
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.