Gotta say – this new Pi 3 is fly. All the cool kids are going to have it – but all the coolest kids are also going to have a big pack of super cool accessories.
We’ve hand chosen these accessories as the perfect accompaniment to your new Raspberry Pi 3 – Model B. It’s everything you need to get going with a high quality power supply, Raspbian 8G NOOBs SD card (newly updated to work on the Pi 3), lovely case, handy console cable, and lots of prototyping essentials. It’s a great jumping off point for the rest of our extensive accessory and pack collection.
Note: Keep in mind that the form of the Pi 3 didn’t change much so many of the important accessories haven’t changed. The big changes are the built-in WiFi, on board Bluefruit Low Energy, and of course 50% more speeeeeeeed!
This pack comes with a single Raspberry Pi 3 Computer!
This pack contains:
- Raspberry Pi 3 – Model B – ARMv8 with 1G RAM AND built-in WiFi – The FRESHEST freshness that’s EVEN MORE FRESH than the already fresh Pi 2. This is hot off the presses, selling-like-hotcakes, Wi-Fi enabled, blindingly fast, credit card sized computer with quad USB ports, quad-core ARMv8, 1G RAM, and a little BlueFruit Low Energy that all make this board essential.
- Adafruit Raspberry Pi B+ Case – Smoke Base / Clear Top – We think it’s the Single Greatest Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Case Ever. This will still work with your Pi 3.
- Adafruit Assembled Pi Cobbler Plus – This is the soldered together version of our popular Pi Cobbler Plus Kit. Comes with a breakout board that’s perfect for cobbling prototypes as well as a 40-pin GPIO cable for your Pi’s pins. Still works with the Pi 3.
- Full Size Breadboard – In the past, we’ve used the half-size breadboard for a lot of Pi projects – but no longer! WIth 40 pins to break out, you’re going to need some space – and that’s why we’re including a full size breadboard in this pack.
- Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires – 20 x 6″ (150mm) – These jumper wires are great for making wire harness or jumpering between headers on PCBs. We include the longer ones so they work well with the full-size breadboard.
- USB to TTL Serial Cable – An old standby, this cable’s pretty much the easiest way to connect your Raspberry Pi to a USB port to log into the debugging/login console. Ideal for running the Pi ‘headless’
- 8GB SD card for Raspberry Pi preinstalled with Noobs v1.8 – 8GB microSDHC card programmed with the latest Raspberry Pi Noobs distribution. This SD card contains the Feb 29 2016 version of NooBs, updated to include the latest support for the Pi 3 w/Wifi
- 5V 2A Switching Power Supply w/ 6′ MicroUSB Cable – The 5V 2A power adapter is the perfect choice for powering your Raspberry Pi B+ with 2 Amps of current output, and an extra long cord. Note: Our 5V 2A power supply still works great with the Pi 3. For most uses, you don’t need 2.5 amps of power and our 5V2A supply should be more than sufficient.
- Embroidered Raspberry Pi Badge – Now that you’re getting started, show off your Pi Pride with this beautifully embroidered, jewel toned, iron-on badge.
- BONUS PARTS! Everyone loves bonuses so we include some parts that will get you through some of the tutorials on the Adafruit Learning System.
- 1x Photo Cell
- 5x 10K 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 5x 560 ohm 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 1x Diffused 10mm Blue LED
- 1x Electrolytic Capacitor – 1.0uF
- 1x Diffused 10mm Red LED
- 1x Diffused 10mm Green LED
- 3x 12mm Tactile Switches
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — How Authority and Decision-Making Differ Across Cultures
Wearables — Template commitment
Electronics — Desolder with… more solder!
Biohacking — The TRI-Analyzer Turns Smartphones into a Mobile Lab
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.