One of the best places to raise awareness is in the classroom. We’ve compiled a list of resources that may be of interest for any educator wishing to celebrate Autism Awareness Month in their classroom:
- Autism Classroom has their own list of lessons and actives that include lesson planes from Autism New Jersey and resources from FableVision Learning
- Educating Children about Autism in an Inclusive Classroom from the Government of Prince Edward Island
- This lesson plan from The Autism Helper
- A Is for Autism, F Is for Friend and In His Shoes – A Short Journey Through Autism by Joanna Keating-Velasco
- The National Association of Elementary School Principals‘ Resources for Principles. This list of resources is geared more toward educating teachers and educational staff than students.