This project comes with several warning labels, and I’ll issue my own: the project link does contain videos of insects being electrocuted (with sparks and all – if that kind of thing makes you wheezy you have been warned).
Currently I’m working on a device to electrocute home insects like cockroaches, progress is small because they are smarter than I thought, but that’s a different story. For that project I had to find a source of sufficient high voltage and output power. Presented in previous post 5V/400V converter had insufficient voltage and power, another option, flyback transformer was too dangerous to be used here.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Brushing it clean
Electronics — Electrolytic Limitations
Biohacking — High Power Density Human Sweat Battery
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.