This guide will show you how to transform a simple candelabra wall sconce into a high tech LED lamp. We’ve kept it simple with just 7 Dotstar LEDs, but this project can easily scale up to make larger lamps or even big LED art installations.
We’ve included lots of different lighting modes that can be controlled with an infrared remote, and the lamp will remember the last mode you selected even when it’s unplugged.
Get creative and add your own design and patterns. Turn your living room, kid’s room, or festival tent into a beautiful haven of light.
- Teensy 3.2
- IR Receiver
- Remote Control
- Dotstar LED strip (I used 30/m)
- 26awg silicone stranded wire – 4 colors
- 5v Power Supply (I used 2A, but larger projects may want the 10A supply)
- Female DC Barrel Jack
Also Used in this Project
- Tea Light wall sconce
- Glow in the Dark PLA 3d printer filament
- Lots and lots of hot glue
- Fabric backing
See the full guide here!