NEW PRODUCT – Pi-Top – A Laptop Kit for Raspberry Pi B+ / Pi 2 / Pi 3
The Raspberry Pi open source laptop that you’ve been waiting for has arrived with the Pi-Top! With this kit you can build your very own “laptop” which at it’s core runs off of the famous Raspberry Pi.
The laptop case comes with a screen, base top, base bottom, and the Pi-Top Hub PCB to take care of power management, the screen driver, and more for you. Raspberry Pi not included! A Raspberry Pi 3 is the best Pi to match up with this laptop kit.
The mission of Pi-Top is to take users from a beginner level to an advanced level of programming, design, and comfort. Let’s get computing!
- Screen – Connect the screen by simply slotting the metal hinge into the base bottom piece. A single cable is plugged into the Pi-Top Hub and away you go!
- Base Top – Attach and remove the base top piece by sliding it over the base bottom and pressing down. You will hear a satisfying ‘click’ when you have popped it into place.
- Base Bottom – The base bottom contains the battery and modular rail where you will pop in the Hub and Raspberry Pi 2. No wires or tools are required, like a lego laptop you snap everything into place. The Pi-Top smart battery pack is protected by a sheet of brushed stainless steel, so you can be sure your battery is securely in place.
- Hub – With over 150 components on this circuit board, the Pi-Top Hub PCB takes care of power management, our screen driver and a host of other functionality which allows us to turn the Raspberry Pi into a great open source laptop.
- 1x – 8GB SD Card with Pi-Top OS
- Cables connecting Pi-Top pieces
- Instruction Booklet
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Steve Ballmer Serves Up a Fascinating Data Trove
Wearables — Chalk it up
Electronics — Look to ferrites (no, not ferrets, the European polecat) when faced with high frequency
Biohacking — A Run in the Altra IQ Smart Shoes
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.