Charles Guan from etotheipiplusone.net has been redesigning Overhaul from BattleBots season 6 as … Overhaul 2! This blog on the project has some interesting CAD renderings, along with tips & tricks for layouts, airflow, etc.
I decided to start with the “known known” and package the batteries up first. They were going to occupy the only large contiguous space in the back of the bot, which was originally designed to fit four of the Hobbyking Nano-Tech 8Ah packs that OH1 used. These are actually slightly shorter than two of those back-to-back, so I had a little more room to play with. I made a “minimum dimensional enclosure that’s a clean fraction above the size of the packs”. The enclosure will be made of 1/4″ polycarbonate, likely waterjet-cut, with plenty of my special-sauce t-nut joints holding everything together. This part I’ve done dozens of times, so I left the geometry simple for the time being in order to move onto the rest of the system.