DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) was discovered in the mid-1800’s and has two fascinating properties for any biohackers toolbox. This substance is able push other chemicals through the skin directly into the bloodstream. DMSO is also high in sulfur so it can be effective in reducing inflammation.
Before I go any further describing my experiments with DMSO let’s just be clear on a few things.
- I am self experimenting, don’t do this, this is biohacking, we are hackers.
- DMSO is NOT approved by the FDA for topical human use with the exception of a unusual bladder condition.
- DMSO is approved for dogs and horses.
- DMSO can be dangerous because it will push potentially toxic chemicals right through the skin.
- It is critical to have a clean environment and hands when working with DMSO.
Here is how I applied DMSO to my skin to deliver other substances into the bloodstream.
- Wet a paper towel with water.
- Spread the DMSO jelly on the paper towel evenly
- Add a drop of the substance to pass into your bloodstream
- Place the power towel against your skin
- The water is critical for diluting the strength of the DMSO and entering the cells so use plenty of it on the paper towel.
- Do not move the towel around on your skin as DMSO will cause a stinging sensation that can be quite uncomfortable.
- I purchased my DMSO at a local animal feed store. It is easily obtainable online and through health food stores. It is less than $10 per pound.
I tried passing the following substances through to my bloodstream.
- Vitamin D
- CBD oil
- Ozonated Hemp Oil
My favorites were #3 the CBD oil and #4 ozonated hemp oil. The CBD oil immediately created a numbing body high and removed a headache I was having. The ozonated hemp oil had a radical numbing quality which in less than three minutes I felt across my entire forearm. DMSO with no other additives leaves a noticeable calming effect even on tight overused muscles.
Some areas people are experimenting with using DMSO are:
- healing of wounds
- skeletal injuries
I am self experimenting, don’t do this, this is biohacking, we are hackers.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — “ORANGE PI: MEETING WITH STEVEN ZHAO IN SHENZHEN”
Wearables — Design with IFTTT
Electronics — Keep track of those rails!
Biohacking — Why Our Eyes Cannot Look at a Solar Eclipse
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.