Potentially useful circuit for Edison designs by Intel Communities forum user Bansal, with schematic and instructions provided:
1. If Edison is OFF and +5V USB is plugged in. That will turn ON Q1.1 and turn OFF Q2.1 resulting in logic high for PWRBTN# on Edison. Basically that will do nothing for Edison and it will stay OFF.
2. Note that since the Edison module is OFF, the gate of p-channel FET Q1.2 is 0 volts and the pin 2 of R4 is at VBAT while pin 1 of R4 is ground because Q1.1 is ON.
3. Now removing the +5V USB will make the gate of Q2.1 to VBAT thereby turning it ON. This will pull down PWRBTN# pin on Edison module.
4. Once Edison is turned on, net V3P3_Edison will become 3.3V turning OFF p-channel FET Q1.2. This will lead to the gate of Q2.1 pull down to GND by R5. This will bring back the PWRBTN# of Edison high.
5. Note that once Edison is turned on, if you insert +5V USB, nothing will happen.
Read more on Intel forums.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Not a loophole
Electronics — Rule of thumb: 10mils per amp.
Biohacking — Soft Artificial Human Heart #3DThursday #3DPrinting
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.