This goal of this project is to develop a hardware kit that is open, hackable, adaptable, and extensible to open this incredible technology to everyone.
The key principles of this project are as follows:
- Use as much off the shelf components as possible
- Use simple mechanical mounting that can be assembled without any specialized tools or equipment
- Compatible with mobile computing platforms such as Raspberry Pi or similar
- Cost to be similar to a consumer level 360 cameras such as Ricoh Theta ($250-$350)
- At least still capture capable
Make a robot friend with Adafruit’s CRICKIT – A Creative Robotics & Interactive Construction Kit. It’s an add-on to our popular Circuit Playground Express, FEATHER and other platforms to make and program robots with CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. Start controlling motors, servos, solenoids. You also get signal pins, capacitive touch sensors, a NeoPixel driver and amplified speaker output. It complements & extends your boards so you can still use all the goodies on the microcontroller, now you have a robotics playground as well.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Despite multiple bankruptcies, RadioShack continues to find ways to keep the lights on
Wearables — Molding with glue
Electronics — A few words on inductor resistance
Biohacking — Running Blades
Python for Microcontrollers — Help bring CircuitPython to other languages!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.