This goal of this project is to develop a hardware kit that is open, hackable, adaptable, and extensible to open this incredible technology to everyone.
The key principles of this project are as follows:
- Use as much off the shelf components as possible
- Use simple mechanical mounting that can be assembled without any specialized tools or equipment
- Compatible with mobile computing platforms such as Raspberry Pi or similar
- Cost to be similar to a consumer level 360 cameras such as Ricoh Theta ($250-$350)
- At least still capture capable
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Hand beading mimicry
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.