A new additional to the #quantifiedself world has appeared via avawomen.com:
Ava is a fertility tracking bracelet that identifies an average of five fertile days per cycle, doubling your chances to conceive. There’s no guesswork around timing intercourse or tracking ovulation. Wear Ava at night and the rest is taken care of—all that’s left for you to do is the fun part.
Whether you’ve just started trying to conceive or your fertility journey is taking longer than you expected, Ava can help. It gives you the confidence to always know you’re trying at the right time, and the convenience to not have to think about it too much. Ava makes for a better, easier, more magical journey to conception for you and your partner.
How does Ava know your fertile window? This bracelet is monitoring the following during sleep:
- resting pulse rate – BPM
- skin temperature – rises about .5F degrees after ovulation
- HRV (Heart Rate Variability) – estrogen, progesterone and stress have an impact on HRV.
- sleep tracking – light, deep and REM
- breathing rate – rate of respiration per minute
- movement – accelerometer
- perfusion – supplying blood to the tissues – estrogen and progesterone influence profusion
- bioimpediance – resistance of body tissues – reproductive hormones impact the skin
- heat loss – happens with sleep and might be related to the luteal phase.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Not a loophole
Electronics — Rule of thumb: 10mils per amp.
Biohacking — Soft Artificial Human Heart #3DThursday #3DPrinting
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.