Last summer I traveled for seven months throughout the Western United States. One of my favorite discoveries was cold brew coffee on nitro. This was not just cold coffee. It was smooth, creamy and delicious. There was at least one occasion where I had ordered a Porter and a cold brew coffee on nitro and could barely tell the difference. Since that trip I have been looking forward to producing my own version. I finally worked it out and it has changed my summer.
Cold Brew Coffee on Nitro in Five Easy Steps:
- Steep 1 cup of ground coffee in 1 quart of water for 12-24 hours (store in refrigerator)
- Strain out coffee grinds
- Pour coffee into 1 quart whip cream dispenser and fill to max line adding additional water
- Charge container with one whip cream cartridge (N2O)
- Refrigerate for another 12-24 hours
Kit / Tips / Boosters / Stats:
- 1 Quart 100% Stainless Steel Professional Whipped Cream Dispenser
- Nitrous Oxide (N2O): Charges
- Avoid using the pint and half pint size whip cream dispensers, go for the quart size or larger for cartridge efficiency
- When pouring turn whip cream dispenser upside down and use the edge of the glass to reduce foaming
- Booster…MCT Oil (1 tsp or less)
- Booster…Bulletproof makes an excellent Choline Bitartrate (500mg) that I find helps with focus and memory
- Booster…L-Theanine mellows out the caffeine buzz and can help with focus
- Stat: Cold brew coffee claims to be as much as 67% less acidic than brewed coffee
- Stat: Cold brew can be stored for up to two weeks in the refrigerator
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Raspberry Pi and CoderDojo Join Forces
Wearables — Gold glow
Electronics — Linear Love
Biohacking — Nike’s Unlimited Stadium Will Put Your Best Foot Forward
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.