Music Festival LED Tie by Cone Fatigue on YouTube.
From December 2015 to May 2016, I designed and 3D printed a tie that I wore to the Sasquatch! Music Festival. While future videos to come will explain a bunch of the details, here are the basics.
- 125 WS2812b LEDs (since this was my first time using them, I got them as Neopixels from Adafruit)
- The Fadecandy LED controller (at first, this was a shortcut, but I couldn’t imagine my WS2812bs without it)
- Raspberry Pi 2
- Custom Processing sketch
- Designed in OpenSCAD and 3D printed on a Lulzbot Mini
Some features to be discussed in some future videos:
- Several modes (walking around mode as seen here, music mode which reacts to the loud bass drops at concerts)
- Interesting patterns derived from static images (these aren’t programmatically generated, so they have these awesomely smooth transitions)
Stay tuned to the channel for more about the tie and my future projects, which includes my next version of the tie!
Featured Adafruit Product!
FadeCandy – Dithering USB-Controlled Driver for NeoPixels: A new collaboration between Adafruit & Micah from Scanlime, we are excited to introduce Fadecandy, a NeoPixel driver with built in dithering, that can be controlled over USB. Fadecandy is not just hardware! It is a kit of both hardware and software parts that make LED art projects easier to build and better-looking so sculptors and makers and multimedia artists can concentrate on beautiful things instead of reinventing the wheel. It’s an easy way to get started and an advanced tool for professionals. Read more.
Every Wednesday is Wearable Wednesday here at Adafruit! We’re bringing you the blinkiest, most fashionable, innovative, and useful wearables from around the web and in our own original projects featuring our wearable Arduino-compatible platform, FLORA. Be sure to post up your wearables projects in the forums or send us a link and you might be featured here on Wearable Wednesday!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Airbnb’s Internal University to Teach Data Science
Wearables — Faking wood
Electronics — Trouble with LM741
Biohacking — Nike’s Unlimited Stadium Will Put Your Best Foot Forward
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.