I have created a kernel module to handle the GPIO interface for the LED 32×32 Panel.
This is based on the Src code from the Adafruit. I have some minor code cleanup todo but will then be pushing this to a repo on github.
Once that is done I will post the link to the repo here.
Kernel Module Supports:
- All GPIO Functions setbits(), clearbits(), etc.. via ioctl calls.
- Has a imalive function included. So at load time it will flash red/green/blue on the display to tell you it is alive and well.
- Supports (via sysfs) autocreation of the /dev/gpioleddriver device. Included in repo will be udev .rules file for setting up device for user access.
- user land application (led-matrix) has been modified to use the ioctl calls instead of GPIO. No more need for sudo 🙂
- Kmod can be compiled to use either ioremap or sysfs for access to gpio registers. Both tested.
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Make it snow
Electronics — Pseudodifferential Measurement
Biohacking — Soft Artificial Human Heart #3DThursday #3DPrinting
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.