This project by SupaTreadz kills it for my checklist—check it out!
- Arduino? Check! It’s our tiny Trinket microcontroller
- Neopixels? Check! These are individual pixels well placed for design
- Sound Reactive? Oh yeah! These puppies will dance to music thanks to a small mic
- Practical? Yes! Slim lightweight electronics and custom PCB makes for comfortable wear
- Timely? You bet—great for Halloween events and any other upcoming party excuses
- TV Connection? Yes! The third mode for the LED pattern is Stranger Things
- Space Connection? Whoa! SupaTreadz lists his job as “Aerospace Engineer on the ISS Meteoroid/Orbital Debris Protection Team”
A big ISS salute to SupaTreadz and his amazing ’80s inspired glasses. If you have a cool video of one of your projects sitting on your phone, please do upload it to Youtube and send us a note. We love showing off your cool work and it really does inspire others. If you don’t have a project and you want your own color crazy glasses, check out our tutorial for Celebration Spectacles. You’ll get swirly fun with the magic of Neopixel rings.
Every Wednesday is Wearable Wednesday here at Adafruit! We’re bringing you the blinkiest, most fashionable, innovative, and useful wearables from around the web and in our own original projects featuring our wearable Arduino-compatible platform, FLORA. Be sure to post up your wearables projects in the forums or send us a link and you might be featured here on Wearable Wednesday!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Hand beading mimicry
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.