There is a call for papers on N-of-1 experiments at the Quantified Self site. The deadline is Nov. 1st for manuscript submissions. Guidelines and submissions are here. Check out their one page call for papers.
The areas of focus for these original manuscripts are:
- Personal health and well being
- Chronic disease management
- Mental health
- Autonomous self-experimentation in the context of health and well-being
- Health education and autodidactic learning
- Privacy ethics
- Regulation issues
Via Quantified Self:
Scientific progress in medicine and public health during the last century has been dominated by studies performed with groups of people. Today many people collect data their own data to help investigate a health problem, make progress towards a goal, or simply because we are curious. Such investigations need not be conducted on groups. Often, they involve just a single person who is both the subject and the investigator. They are “N-of-1” trials, where data are generated by the individual, normally making use of self-quantification systems, including mobile apps and portable monitoring devices. This focus theme of “Methods of Information in Medicine” on single subject research encourages submission of original articles describing data processing and research methods using a “N-of-1” design where the questions and analysis are guided by the interests and participation of the subject. We encourage submissions that focus on challenges and questions involving data collection, processing, integration, analysis and visualization in the context of single subject research.
EXAMPLE METHODS AND TECHNOLOGIES THAT ARE RELEVANT INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- IT infrastructures for Single-Subject-Research trials
- Aggregating data from multiple sensors
- Ontologies and knowledge representation
- Integrating N-of-1 data with other clinical information systems (health records, decision support)
- Data analysis and visualization
- Data quality, metadata and annotation aspects
WE ENCOURAGE SUBMISSIONS IN THE FORM OF:
- Original contributions of individual or a series of N-of-1 trial
- Original contributions with Single Subject Research Design, Single Case Experimental Design or Patient Led Research Desig
- Original contributions on methodological aspects of informatics and statistics applied to N-of-1 trial
- Reviews in the field of Single Subject Research Design and data processing of patient generated dat
- Perspective and opinion papers
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Hand beading mimicry
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.