Human Inc. has been developing a modern pair of headphones called ‘Sound’ that have a slick design and unusual feature set. These headphones start at $200 and won’t be shipping until mid to late 2017. The core features are listed below. The tracking of biometric data, language translation and sleep assistance are exciting concepts to see incorporated into earphones. Sound will ship in 4 different sizes and various colors.
- Social – Share the same audio as others.
- Fade – Block ambient noise.
- Amplify – Use as speaker.
- Active – Monitor Biometrics – Pulse and calories
- Speak – Language Translation between other Sound users. Supports 8 different languages.
- Sleep – Lull’s you into REM tracks sleep.
A few thoughts on ‘Sound’:
- Would these be good for sports activities?
- Can I run in them without my ears getting hot?
- Are they durable enough for running?
- Waterproof seems out of the question, but as a swimmer it’s a feature I look for.
- It doesn’t look like local storage will be an option, but it would be really nice to use the headphones untethered.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — HAX Hardware Trends 2017
Wearables — Tidy wires are happy wires
Electronics — Coin Cell Current
Biohacking — Circuit Board Borg Leg Tattoo Sleeve
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.