NEW PRODUCT – Red Bear IoT pHAT for Raspberry Pi – WiFi + BTLE
So you’ve got your Pi 3 with its built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth, but what about your Pi Zero? Say hello to the IoT pHAT from Red Bear! This Zero-size board provides WiFi (802.11bgn / 2.4GHz) and Bluetooth (v4.1 / BTLE) connectivity direct from the GPIO header. You don’t need to use a dongle plugged into the Pi Zero’s solitary data micro-USB port via a USB OTG adapter. Just snap it on top of a Raspberry Pi Zero (or really, any Raspberry Pi with a 2×20 connector)!
The IoT pHAT provides a neat and convenient way to add WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity to your Pi Zero, while freeing up the USB data port. Using the same wireless radio chip as the Pi 3 results in reliable signal strength and quality via an on-board or optional external antenna.
As with other pHATs, it works with all of the 40-pin Raspberry Pi variants – 2/B+/A+/Zero – but using it with the Pi Zero makes for a super-tiny package.
- AMPAK AP6212A Wireless Module (Broadcom BCM43438 A1 chip inside)
- WiFi (802.11bgn / 2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth (4.1) and BLE support
- Single antenna for concurrent WiFi and Bluetooth operations
- Onboard PCB antenna
- External antenna connector
- Antenna switch for extenal antenna
- 32 Kbit (4 KByte) EEPROM for DTOverlay configuration
- 40-pin connector
- WiFi: SDIO v2.0 – up to 20 MHz clock rate
- Bluetooth: UART (up to 4 Mbps)
- FCC/CE certified
- Pre-soldered with 40-pin female header, no assembly required!
Pi Zero not included!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Raspberry Pi and CoderDojo Join Forces
Wearables — Gold glow
Electronics — Linear Love
Biohacking — Read Faster Using JETZT or SPEEDREAD
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.