Nootrobox’s THINKING podcast is providing an open-sourced protocol for enhancing one’s own performance using biohacking and quantified self tools. This is perfect timing with the “new year, new you” mania that starts up at the end of every year . The most useful part of this clearly stated protocol is the list of tools used to monitor progress. This is an extensive list for finding things from continuous blood glucose monitors on eBay ($250) or on-line blood tests. See below for details.
We’re open-sourcing our protocol to allow the community to join us as well as engage, critique, and provide feedback.
Day -30: Washout Period
Day 0: Snapshot #1 & Begin Preferred Biohacking Regimen
Day 45: Snapshot #2
Day 90: Snapshot #3 & End of Biohacking Challenge
Day -30 —Washout Period
We’ll start by doing a 30-day washout period. For new biohackers (i.e. people not presently doing any biohacks), there’s nothing to washout, so you can immediately go to Day 0. For seasoned biohackers, this means “washing out” all biohacks and going back to “normal” regimen to see what baseline is.
Day 0 — Start Biohacking Regimen
- The Full Stack by Nootrobox, a set of nootropics (2x RISE daily, 2x KADO-3 daily, SPRINT, YAWN as needed).
- Weekly 36 hour Monk fast (from Monday night to Wednesday morning).
- Continuous glucose monitoring with the Freestyle Libre.
- Heart rate, steps, and general activity monitoring with Jawbone Up3 & Apple Watch.
- Integration with iOS applications including Cardiogram (specializing for heart rate) and Gyroscope (overall quantified-self visualizations).
- Computer productivity monitoring with RescueTime.
- Mood monitoring and compliance with Nootrobox alpha testing software Introspect and Coach (email us at [email protected] if you’re interested in learning more).
- Body fat % / Weight % (using a scale, but we’ll be using proper medical grade equipment at San Francisco State University during Snapshots.).
- Ketone monitoring with Ketonix (8 am; 12 pm; 4 pm; 8 pm).
- Blood pressure (8 am; 12 pm; 4 pm; 8 pm).
- Psychometric Tests — Cambridge Brain Sciences 3 times/week, once at 12 pm (roughly 1 hour after taking nootropic regimen — esp SPRINT), and once at 10 pm.
- EEG monitoring at the same time (quantification of cognitive resources: attention, mental effort, familiarity). We current like Emotiv’s device.
Snapshot Monitoring (Day 0, Day 45, Day 90)
We’re working with Dr. Vinh Ngo to conduct a battery of doctor-prescribed tests on our blood, urine, saliva and stools including:
- Genova GI Effects (Stool test) — Gut microbiome. uBiome consumer test is also an option for this.
- Genova NutrEval (Urine/Blood test)— Broad spectrum micronutrient levels.
- Meridian Valley Male Hormones + HGH (24 hour Urine test).
- Neuroscience Neuro-Endocrine Basic (Saliva and Urine test).
- Boston Heart Comprehensive Cardio Panel (Blood test).
- Quest Diagnostics CBC, IGF-1, IGF B3 (Blood test).
- VO2 Max @ San Francisco State University.
- Body Fat % @ San Francisco State University.
Day 90 — The End
We’ll report in and share all of our data. We’ll be podcasting and journaling our experiences throughout the process. Let’s see what the data shows!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Not a loophole
Electronics — Rule of thumb: 10mils per amp.
Biohacking — Soft Artificial Human Heart #3DThursday #3DPrinting
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.