The world’s favorite low-cost computer now connects to the world’s most popular IoT platform, Via Particle.io
LadyAda interviewed Zachary Crockett from Particle earlier this year! – check out the interview and a live demo of Particle + Raspberry Pi 3 here!
If you’ve kept your eye on the Particle forums, you may have seen this coming. In 7 days, all 10,000,000 existing Raspberry Pi’s will be able to connect to the Particle Cloud! We’re limiting the first wave of access on November 22 to the first 1,000 developers to sign up for the beta. You can sign up by clicking the button below, or read on for more product details and our first Particle project on Raspberry Pi.
The Raspberry Pi is already the world’s most popular low-cost computer, and a powerful development tool for building connected projects. Connecting your Pi to the Particle Cloud gives it a few more key features that will make building IoT projects with your Pi easier than ever.
- Simple Arduino Code: Use the existing Particle Web IDE, and program your Pi with Wiring. No more complicated tooling, setup, or scripting to perform simple tasks like trigger a pin, blink an LED, or read a sensor value.
- Over-the-Air Updates: Safely reprogram code running on your Pi’s one at a time in the Web IDE or as a fleet of devices in the Console.
- Batch Script Execution: Remotely execute customized scripts on groups of Raspberry Pi’s using the exec command.
- Remote Data Collection: Collect and publish data to the Particle Cloud, or store it locally by logging it on your Pi.
- Integrations: Integrate with IFTTT, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure.