It is obvious this kid is trying to be chill, but the power of being in a dark environment with a glowing uniform billowing smoke is just too sweet. What you are witnessing is Ryq Peden’s Cyberpunk Armor. It’s a fun mashup of Daft Punk, space and football. In fact, I think football could be transformed with teams running around playing capture the smoke with illuminated uniforms. Seriously, this is a beautiful piece of work sporting 65 NeoPixels connected to our FLORA microcontroller. Here’s what I’m loving about this project.
- Placement of the Neopixel strips on the shoulder pads which appear to float
- Animation of the Neopixel strips as a whole resembling a starburst
- The FLORA blinking an alternate color with its built-in LED
- The 3.5 mm jacks used for connecting cables that add ease and sophistication
- The clear plexi project case giving a modern feel on the backpack
- The spectacular single pipe of smoke creating a sense of transparency
- The extra time spent on creating a video with mysterious music as a bonus
Ryq, I’m sending you a laser salute for a great job on this wearable tech ensemble. For the rest of you, if you are yearning for a DJ helmet of your own, check out our learning guide for the 3D Printed Daft Punk Helmet. It’s the wearable tech that will make you memorable for years to come. You better start putting your playlist together.
Every Wednesday is Wearable Wednesday here at Adafruit! We’re bringing you the blinkiest, most fashionable, innovative, and useful wearables from around the web and in our own original projects featuring our wearable Arduino-compatible platform, FLORA. Be sure to post up your wearables projects in the forums or send us a link and you might be featured here on Wearable Wednesday!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — SoftBank Invests $300 Million in WeWork
Wearables — Impatience reward
Electronics — Cool your FETs!
Biohacking — NinjaPCR – Open Source #iot DNA Amplifier
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.