Remember those cereal commercials that would always say, “part of a complete breakfast”? Well the Pi Zero’s a lot like that bowl of cereal – while it’s great on its own, you need a lot of accessories to make it a complete meal.
The Pi Zero Stereo Bonnet Pack sets you up with the Pi Zero, and our I2S 3W Stereo Speaker Bonnet. That bonnet uses digital sound standard I2S right on the 2×20 pin GPIO header, providing really crisp audio. The digital data goes right into the amplifier so there’s no static like you hear from the headphone jack. And it’s super easy to get started. We even include speakers that you can plug right in! Once you’ve set up your Pi Zero, run our installer script, reboot and you’re ready to jam!
This pack includes:
- Raspberry Pi Zero – the type of low cost game-changing product Raspberry Pi’s known for – a super light, super lean microcomputer.
- Adafruit Pi Zero Enclosure – Adafruit’s classic, sturdy plastic enclosure. Keeps your Pi Zero safe and you can plug the Bonnet on top
- Adafruit Stereo Speaker Bonnet Mini Kit – To get the best out of your Raspberry Pi audio! Since it’s digital audio, it sounds great.
- Break-away 0.1″ 2×20-pin Strip Dual Male Header – Solder this to your Pi Zero so you can plug in the Bonnet
- Enclosed 3 Watt stereo speaker set – plugs right into the speaker Bonnet!
Don’t forget to make sure you have a good strong 5V power supply – especially if you’re using the 3W 4 ohm speakers at full blast! Our 2.4A power plug is recommended and not included. You’ll also need a microSD card with NooBs or other Raspberry Pi operating system software, also not included.
Some light through-hole soldering is required to attach the headers onto the Pi Zero and Bonnet. A soldering iron and solder is required to perform this task.
Currently out of stock – sign up for notifications here!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Not a loophole
Electronics — Rule of thumb: 10mils per amp.
Biohacking — Soft Artificial Human Heart #3DThursday #3DPrinting
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.