uBiome has put out a an appropriately timed article highlighting all the presidents that we have lost to bacteria related issues. Below is a brief summary of troubles in the white house that were belived to be caused by bacteria. I suggest reading the article for the full explanation.
- William Henry Harrison – gastroenteritis (a bacteria infection)
- James Knox Polk – gastrointestinal infection
- Zachary Taylor – gastrointestinal infection
- George Washington – Haemophilus influenzae bacterium
- William McKinley – septic shock / gangrene (gunshot)
- Calvin Coolidge Jr. (presidents son) – Staphylococcus aureus (untreated toe blister)
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Adafruit interviews Dan Rasure, Managing Partner TechShop 2.0
Wearables — Simulate tattoos
Electronics — Heatsinks aren’t enough!
Biohacking — Getting More from Home DNA Testing
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.