NEW PRODUCT – Ultimaker 3 – 3D Printer
The Ultimaker 3 is one of our favorite 3D printers on the market. It’s a well-built open-source compact machine with an excellent UX. Every inch of the Ultimaker 3 is designed to create the most effortless and reliable 3D printing experience ever! Click here for helpful tips!
The dual extruder features swappable “print cores” which allows you to use water-soluble material for creating intricate supports. They can also be used to print multiple materials and different colored filaments in the same part. Auto nozzle-lifting system ensures a clean, professional finish with every print. WiFi enabled desktop and mobile apps let you manage your prints remotely, making it easier to get projects started. This also allows for over-the-air firmware updates. You don’t have to get up to check on prints because you can monitor the process with the built-in webcam.
Ultimaker also created Cura, the open-source software that most other manufacturers use, so the printer harmonizes excellently with the software without any tinkering. And we love Ultimaker’s active software dev. and their large online community.
Here are the details of the new Ultimaker 3 3D Printer: For more in-depth specifications, click here!
- Assembly type: Pre-assembled
- Layer resolution: 0.40 mm nozzle: 200 to 20 microns
- Build plate: 20 ˚C to 100 ˚C heated glass build plate
- Build plate leveling: Active leveling
- Print technology: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Print head: Dual extrusion print head
- Print core replacement: Swappable print cores
- Build speed: 0.40 nozzle: up to 16 mm3/s
- Print head travel speed: 30 to 300 mm/s
- Feeder type: Dual geared feeder
- XYZ accuracy: 12.5, 12.5, 2.5 micron
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
- Nozzle temperature: 180 ˚C to 280 ˚C
- Nozzle heat up time: Build plate heat up time: Operating sound: 50 dBA
- System: Open filament system
- Filament diameter: 2.85 mm
- Supported materials: Nylon, PLA, ABS, CPE and PV
- Ultimaker filament: A spool of Ultimaker filament is 750g
- Software: Cura, our free print preparation software
- Supported OS: Free on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux
- Supported file types: STL, OBJ and 3MF
- File transfer: WiFi, LAN or USB
- Operating ambient temperature: 15 ˚C to 32 ˚C (59 °F to 89 °F)
- Nonoperating temperature: 0 ˚C to 32 ˚C (32 °F to 89 °F)
- Input: 100 – 240 V / 4A, 50-60 Hz / 221 W max.
- Output: 24 V DC, 9.2 A
- A USB stick, glue stick, grease, hex wrenches and USB and Ethernet cables
- Two swappable 0.4 AA print cores
- A swappable 0.4 BB print core
- A 350 g spool of Ultimaker PLA
- A 350 g spool of Ultimaker PVA
- A spool holder with an NFC cable
- A calibration card and XY calibration sheet
- Cura, our award-winning print preparation software
- Powerful Ultimaker app
- Comprehensive 12-month warranty
- Lifetime expert support
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Presentation: Ten Year Futures – Benedict Evans
Wearables — Simulate tattoos
Electronics — Servo Pulses
Biohacking — Nutrigenomics – Personalized Vitamin Supplements Based on DNA
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.