3D print a piece of African American history and culture.
- @i3Dsd‘s SiliconGraphics Computer Systems (SGI) logo
- SGI was co-founded by computer scientist Marc Hannah and based on his work.
- @jsc‘s Cat Disuader
- This design incorporates a Supersoaker, which was invited by Air Force and NASA scientist Lonnie Johnson.
- @jonor‘s Electret Microphone
- The Electroacoustic Transducer Electret Microphone was invented by James West, with Gerhard Sessler, and patented in 1962. Nearly all microphones in use today are based on their concept.
- @adafruit‘s NeoPixel Gas Mask
- The modern day gas mask was invented by Garrett Morgan, who’s other inventions include the first traffic signals to be used nationwide in the USA.
Discover more black inventors:
- 20 Black Inventions Over The Last 100 Years You May Not Know
Major Inventions by African-Americans
The Black Inventor Online Museum
Famous Black Inventors
The History Makers
Design and share your own contribution, or try using the Lithopane Customizer.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Lessons Learned Scaling Airbnb 100X
Wearables — ABS ABC
Electronics — When do I use X10?
Biohacking — VICE Reviews The Internet’s Top Five Nootropics
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.