3D print a piece of African American history and culture.
- @i3Dsd‘s SiliconGraphics Computer Systems (SGI) logo
- SGI was co-founded by computer scientist Marc Hannah and based on his work.
- @jsc‘s Cat Disuader
- This design incorporates a Supersoaker, which was invited by Air Force and NASA scientist Lonnie Johnson.
- @jonor‘s Electret Microphone
- The Electroacoustic Transducer Electret Microphone was invented by James West, with Gerhard Sessler, and patented in 1962. Nearly all microphones in use today are based on their concept.
- @adafruit‘s NeoPixel Gas Mask
- The modern day gas mask was invented by Garrett Morgan, who’s other inventions include the first traffic signals to be used nationwide in the USA.
Discover more black inventors:
- 20 Black Inventions Over The Last 100 Years You May Not Know
Major Inventions by African-Americans
The Black Inventor Online Museum
Famous Black Inventors
The History Makers
Design and share your own contribution, or try using the Lithopane Customizer.
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, or even use Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for MakeCode, CircuitPython, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Japanese word working and more in December’s issue of HackSpace magazine!
Wearables — Solder-less magic
Electronics — = != ==.
Biohacking — Finding Bliss with Anandamide
Python for Microcontrollers — sysfs is dead! long live libgpiod! libgpiod for linux & Python running hardware @circuitpython @micropython @ThePSF #Python @Adafruit #Adafruit
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.