From the release page:
I’ve been traveling over a week now and I’m in Barcelona! Over that time I’ve done a bunch of polish work, especially on the ESP8266 port, and gotten the 1.0 issues list down to 2. We’re getting closer and closer. Almost everything between now and 1.0 will be polish instead of large features. Please file issues for any problems you find.
This release is based on MicroPython 1.8.7.
There are a couple breaking changes since 0.8.4 to be aware of:
- Enum like values in
UARTare now all CAPS instead of lowercase. They also now print their value instead of just their class.
- Only 800khz NeoPixels are now supported. 400khz are rare and we needed the flash space.
Other non-breaking changes since 0.8.4:
nativeio.SPIto better support SD cards.
- atmel-samd: Fix I2C init when it errors. Thanks @deshipu for finding the bug
- Changed sys.implementation to ‘circuitpython’ and corrected version output at @deshipu‘s suggestion
- ESP8266: Fixed a number of bugs and unified the run process with the atmel-samd port.
- Pin objects are now printed as their
microcontroller.pinname rather than
- Added note on
webrepl_setupat @fede2cr‘s suggestion.