Much like uBiome and The American Gut Project a new company called Thryve is looking to sequence your gut microbiome. Thryve has a slightly different offering going beyond a one time report. The testing processes is repeated between 2-4x a year depending on subscription level and involves a stool sample being mailed in. Probiotic supplements are included and to be taken daily. The customized reports claim to provide insights, trends, include a gut wellness score and more.
Currently there is a 50% coupon code of quantifiedself50.
Where are you located? No address listed on your website.
– We are located in Sunnyvale, CA
Are you testing samples yourself, or outsourcing to a 3rd-party lab? I’m assuming the latter? If so, is it a CLIA-licensed lab? Where are they located?
– Outsource. Miami University. They are not CLIA certified.
How frequently do you allow for retesting? Is this included in the monthly fee?
– Our repair plan sends kits 4x a year and maintain 2x a year. Every 3 months and 6 months, respectively. The monthly subscription also includes our probiotics as well. The repair plan includes a 30 min monthly phone consult with a Ph.D on staff.
Based on results, are you delivering a customized probiotic blend, or does everyone get the same product?
– For now we are generic across the board. However, by Q3’17 we will have custom / personalized.
What is your roadmap/timing for developer/API access?
– We plan to launch this Q3 or Q4 next year. Depending on priorities.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Hand beading mimicry
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.