Much like uBiome and The American Gut Project a new company called Thryve is looking to sequence your gut microbiome. Thryve has a slightly different offering going beyond a one time report. The testing processes is repeated between 2-4x a year depending on subscription level and involves a stool sample being mailed in. Probiotic supplements are included and to be taken daily. The customized reports claim to provide insights, trends, include a gut wellness score and more.
Currently there is a 50% coupon code of quantifiedself50.
QuantifiedBob asked an excellent set of followup questions to the Thryve CEO Richard Lin. The Q&A are included below from this QS Forum Thread:
Where are you located? No address listed on your website.
– We are located in Sunnyvale, CA Are you testing samples yourself, or outsourcing to a 3rd-party lab? I’m assuming the latter? If so, is it a CLIA-licensed lab? Where are they located?
– Outsource. Miami University. They are not CLIA certified. How frequently do you allow for retesting? Is this included in the monthly fee?
– Our repair plan sends kits 4x a year and maintain 2x a year. Every 3 months and 6 months, respectively. The monthly subscription also includes our probiotics as well. The repair plan includes a 30 min monthly phone consult with a Ph.D on staff.
Based on results, are you delivering a customized probiotic blend, or does everyone get the same product?
– For now we are generic across the board. However, by Q3’17 we will have custom / personalized. What is your roadmap/timing for developer/API access?
– We plan to launch this Q3 or Q4 next year. Depending on priorities.
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.