Welcome to CurieBot, your own mobile, customizable, and adorable, 32-bit, Bluetooth-enabled driving robot!
Based upon our popular three-layer round robot platform, CurieBot brings some special sauce to the table — delicious Arduino 101 sauce, that is! This powerful board comes in a familiar Arduino form factor, so you can use many of your favorite shields, such as the included Adafruit MotorShield v2. It’s an excellent introduction to our wide world of robotics!
CurieBot is designed to introduce you to the joys of making with electronics. We decided to come up with a fun pack of parts that:
- Could introduce a beginner to making
- Teach soldering, electronics and programming skills
- Does not assume any prior experience
- Comes with enough fun parts that could be combined and adapted for months or years!
Instead of the typical processor, this one is packing an Intel Curie 32-bit chip, which enables some very powerful on-board processing. The Arduino 101 also has a 6-axis accelerometer/gyro, and that’s not all — it’s got Bluetooth LE built directly onto the board, which enables direct control of CurieBot right from your Bluetooth-capable phone or tablet! It’s quite similar to our AdaBox002 robot, but with an Arduino driving it instead of a Feather.
Build and control your robot right away, and then begin exploring all of the possibilities for modifications and expansion with this powerful new platform.
- Black, Three-layer Round Robot Chassis Kit
- Arduino 101 with Intel Curie
- Adafruit Motor/Stepper/Servo Shield v2
- USB Cable – Standard A-B – 3 ft/1m
- 4 x AA Batteries
- 4 x AA Battery Holder w/ On/Off Switch
- 9V Battery
- 9V Battery Holder w/ On/Off Switch
- Shield stacking headers for Arduino
- Little Rubber Bumper – pack of 4
- 1 x Rectangular piece of foam tape
- 6-pin Extra Long Male Header
- 4 x Nylon 2.5mm pan screws – For mounting your Arduino 101 to the top deck of the robot
- 9 x Nylon hex nuts – Also for Arduino 101 fastening
- Mini Solderless Breadboard – 4×4 points – add it to the prototyping area to upgrade your robot with more sensors, lights, servos and beyond!
Check out our tutorial for getting your CurieBot up and running!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — How Intel Makes a Chip
Wearables — Tape tactics
Electronics — Ground connections cooler via more vias
Biohacking — Itch Tracker for Apple Watch
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.