What information does the Application obtain?
User Provided Information
The Application obtains the information you provide when you use the Applications, this may include (a) your name, email address, age, and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use Applications from us; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help, and; (d) information you enter into our system when using the Application.
On our Circuit Playground application, you may take photos or videos of your projects and submit them to us together with descriptions.
We may also combine information users provide with data we collect automatically (as further described below).
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application.
Information You Pass from the Bluefruit LE Connect Application to other Devices Using Bluetooth LE
Bluetooth Low Energy functionality requires location services to be enabled on some platforms, since the Bluetooth Low Energy device address can potentially be used for tracking purposes. Location Services may need to be enabled to make use of certain functionality in the Application.
When you use the Application, you may also use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location and share it with your connected devices. We do not receive your location or share it with other users or partners, it is only sent from the Application to the applicable connected device when you request it.
If you do not want the Application to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should avoid using the functionality that collects and transmits location data over Bluetooth Low Energy to connected devices and disable Location Services for the Application.
In addition to location information, you may use the Application to send other types of information (for example, sensor data) to your connected devices.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Information users provide helps us respond to their customer service requests and support needs.
- To improve our services
- We may use feedback users provide to improve our products and services.
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site.
- To prevent fraud and abuse
- We may use network addresses and similar data to block or report abusive and harassing users
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to send users information pertaining to their orders and accounts. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and other requests.
- If our users so choose, we may send them emails about products, events, promotions, and offers.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
In certain specific cases, yes. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose the information described in this policy:
- With your consent;
- For legal, protection, security, and safety purposes. Including to comply with law or regulatory requirements, to respond to lawful requests and legal process, to protect our rights and to protect our network, or in an emergency;
- For the purposes of a merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding involving the sale or transfer of all or substantially all of our business or assets;
- with our services providers, consultants, and vendors who work on our behalf and need access to your information to do that work;
- if Adafruit Industries is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
We do not sell, trade, or rent users’ personally identifiable information to others. However, we may share aggregate demographic information, that does not identify any individual user, with our business partners or service providers.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate practices and security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
We will retain Automatically Collected information for a reasonable amount of time.
Information Choices and Changes
Users may send requests to us regarding their information through our contact information below. They can request to change contact choices and to update, access, delete or make other changes regarding their information. We may not honor all such requests unless required by law and in some cases, deletion of your information may cause your Application to stop working.
Our marketing emails tell recipients how to unsubscribe from further marketing emails. After opting out, we may still send non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about accounts and orders.
Our Applications are not directed towards children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected] We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time as required by applicable law.
We update this policy in our discretion at any time by posting the amended version here or by providing such notice about or obtaining consent to changes as may be required by applicable law. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the information we collect.
You can check the history of this policy by clicking here.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us at:
Adafruit Industries, LLC
150 Varick Street
New York, New York 10013
This document was last updated on March 28, 2017
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Hand beading mimicry
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.