- Landing Zone (midfoot-strike) (88% L | 96% R)
- Ground Contact Time (340ms L | 328 ms R)
- AVG Impact Rate (553 L | 530 R)
Altra has hit a home run in terms of being the first in making a friendly shoe that looks completely normal, but is in fact loaded with cutting edge technology. There are a few things I would have liked to have been able to do with this product which are not available right now:
- Droid based iFit account creation (I had to use iOS for that step) when coupling to the shoes for the first time.
- A way to overlay elevation data with landing zone, ground contact time and average impact rate. I suspect going up and down hills would change what my feet are doing. In the meantime I can record separate sections going uphill, downhill and flats and see what those look like.
- Force sync options – I’m struggling to push data from the App to iFit’s site to see other possible views.
- Raw data – At this time there is no raw data to download which would be fun to make my own graphs with. A CSV file, XML or something easy to parse would be ideal.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Not a loophole
Electronics — Rule of thumb: 10mils per amp.
Biohacking — Soft Artificial Human Heart #3DThursday #3DPrinting
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.