[ Found on Wired ]
One Drop has released a blood glucose monitor that is so “shiny and chrome” that Mad Max would be envious. This blinged out diabetic device includes a few layers of offerings which are ideal for biohackers:
- Bluetooth syncing with iOS / Apple Watch and Droid support
- Subscription Based Unlimited Test Strips (app monitors and sends more as you deplete yours)
- Exercise Tracking (integrates with Health Kit)
- Integrates with Apple CareKit (patient/doctor information gathering)
- Low Carb Approach to Diet – Nice to see an app encouraging carb counting
- Sleep Guide
- Reasonably accurate (99% of testing within 15% of lab results)
- Access to Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) through their app
- Price point just below typical co-pay insurance levels to bypass the entire insurance process.
- Elegant design.