Recently I got hold of one really old wired speakers from somewhat 2004 ( I think so) that I got from my father’s friend. They knew my hobby of opening things apart 🙂
So the speakers that I got was really in bad shape, the body was all dirt colored now. I tried plugging it in but the plug was all bent and did not fit perfectly in the switchboard. Moreover, the thing did not even work. So I took out my tools and started ripping apart the speaker. Got hold of the two speakers(with some torn wires) and the amplifier board with a damaged 9V transformer. The amplifier circuit was working perfectly except for some dirt all over it. Even the speakers were covered in dirt and one speaker had a little tear in its diaphragm. So I cleaned everything and removed the transformer. Then hooked up a 9v battery to the circuit and plugged in my phone as an audio source through the 3.5mm audio jack. The speaker worked as expected. But now the whole circuit and speakers are completely naked (without any covering). So my next move was to make a new body for the speaker.
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!