Quantified Bob has a writeup on his latest adventure which is reaching a deep therapeutic level of ketosis while avoiding the usual time consuming efforts of fasting, calorie restriction or very low carb diets. He drank 40g of a ketone monoester (KME) made by KetoneAid. Within 30 minutes his ketone readings were off the chart (>8.0 mmol/L) and blood sugar had dropped down to 72 mg/dL. Bob went on to test his cognitive performance using Lumosity which showed significant performance improvement across the board.
- Memory: working memory, spatial recall
- Attention: selective attention, divided attention
- Problem Solving: quantitative reasoning, logical reasoning
- Flexibility: task switching, response inhibition
- Speed: information processing, spatial orientation
In a nutshell… WOW! The chart above shows each of the games/categories I played, showing my prior 5-day averages compared to the day I took the ketone esters. Compared to my baselines, my scores increased across the board, with the biggest improvements in spatial orientation (+32.2%), working memory (+23.7%), quantitative reasoning (21.5%), task switching (+14.9%), and information processing (+14.9%).
[ … Read More @ QuantifiedBob …]