In this tutorial, I walkthrough some of the things I learned while making boomy the boombox.
Working with SVGs
- Not 1:1 scaling
- UnFixed to modify or set dimensions
- Use for referencing scale only
- Easy to make features with just a single sketch
- Different sizes, shapes, hollow feature and custom lengths
- Only works with a single path, not multiple paths
- 3-point arc is difficult to manipulate once drawn.
- Conic curve is much more flexible and parametric
- Click and hold left mouse button to make curves with line tool
- Sketch loose concept > refine after drawn
- Delete unnecessary constraints
- Sketch dimensions for angles
- Horizontal/Vertical constraints
- Equal Constraints
- Minimize profile selections
- Using Trim tool – T – red outlines
- Remove excess profiles by deleting intersecting edges
- Warnings are specific to constraints
3D Printing Projects Playlist:
3D Hangout Show Playlist:
Layer by Layer CAD Tutorials Playlist:
Timelapse Tuesday Playlist:
Download Fusion 360 FREE
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Lessons Learned Scaling Airbnb 100X
Wearables — Start with a sketch
Electronics — When do I use X10?
Biohacking — Project Peri – Translates Sound into Light for the Hearing Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.