The purpose of this code is to control Philips Hue lights using a Raspberry Pi and Pimoroni TouchpHat. Each button on the TouchpHAT can have a different function. In this case I have decided onthe following:
- The ‘Return’ button will toggle the the lights on and off. The LED indicator will show you whether any lights in the group/list are on.
- The ‘Enter’ button will turn all the lights in the group or list to bright.
- Button ‘A’ will flash the lights red
- Button ‘B’ will flash the lights amber
- Button ‘C’ will flash the lights green
- Button ‘D’ will flash the lights blue
The intended use is for the TouchpHAT to be placed in one room and the lights in another (or in my case, Hut 8) alert me to a situation (e.g. dinner is ready, she is home, phone call etc). I can also turn off the lights remotely without using the Hue app or Alexa.
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!