As someone who has yet to jump on the tablet bandwagon – because that’s what it is – I highly understand (and respect) Stefan Vorkoetter’s homemade Pi-powered tablet – especially for the modified components (including some SMT work). The specs are fairly impressive for something packed into a just-over-1-pound package (also, it looks beautiful!):
- CPU: Raspberry Pi 3B with 1.2GHz quad core ARMv8 and 1Gb RAM
- Storage: Lexar 32Gb micro-SD card
- Display: 7″ 800×480 multi-touch capacitive touchscreen
- Audio: On-board with 25mm speaker, and built-in USB with mic and earphone jacks
- Ports: One external full-sized USB port, micro-USB port for charging
- Operating System: Raspbian Jessie
- Dimensions: 195 × 112 × 17.6 mm (7 11/16 × 4 3/8 × 11/16″)
- Weight: 484 g (17.1 oz)
- Battery: 6200mAh LiPoly, giving 4 to 12 hours battery life (6 hours watching YouTube)
Featured Adafruit Products!
PowerBoost 1000 Charger – Rechargeable 5V Lipo USB Boost @ 1A – 1000C: PowerBoost 1000C is the perfect power supply for your portable project! With a built-in load-sharing battery charger circuit, you’ll be able to keep your power-hungry project running even while recharging the battery! This little DC/DC boost converter module can be powered by any 3.7V LiIon/LiPoly battery, and convert the battery output to 5.2V DC for running your 5V projects. Read more.
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Special servo movement
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.