via Raspberry Pi Pod
Evghenii has developed a system that automates the process of recognising cars and opening gates based on who they are. The system, which uses a Raspberry Pi, an IP camera and some relays plus a mixture of Python (including OpenCV), shell scripting (I can feel a headache building already) and Telegram messaging has the following principles of operation:
- The car drives up to the gates.
- Camera reads the car plate numbers.
- Checks the read number with the database; if it finds one, then it opens the gate and lets the car pass.
- Each car at the gates is photographed, then a photo is sent to the Telegram application with the car plate number and its status.
- Telegram bot has the ability to open and close the gates, take a current photo and add an unknown car to the database.
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Hand beading mimicry
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.