Learn about our free STEM program (FLOSS Desktops for Kids) from teachers and students in this three hour conference/meet-up:
- What: Introduction to the FLOSS Desktops for Kids program and how to participate.
- When: August 18, 10:00 am – 1:00pm EDT
- Where: Online Webinar via Jit.si (https://meet.jit.si/flossdesktops)
- Presenters (sound like you?):
- K12 teachers: starting up and running the program
- School IT staff: finding and implementing technologies
- School administrators: district buy-in and academic value
- Volunteers: starting a club on campus
- ..and others.
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, or even use Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for MakeCode, CircuitPython, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Amazon’s mascot shows how even small measures can reinforce business culture
Wearables — Look deep into cabochon eyes
Electronics — Zener voltage
Biohacking — Metallic Mouth Taste
Python for Microcontrollers — New EduBlocks, new Python-powered boards, and stellar reviews of PyPortal! #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython @circuitpython @micropython @ThePSF @Adafruit
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.