NEW PRODUCTS – DIY HDMI Cable Parts: Adapters and Cables
If you love DIY cable-rigging, then these HDMI adapters and ribbon cables are right up your alley! Making custom HDMI cables has never been easier. Just grab one of the cables, then swap and switch any of the HDMI adapters on each end using the flex cable clips. There are options a-plenty!
There are twelve (12!) different types of adapters available:
- Straight HDMI Plug Adapter
- Right Angle (R bend) HDMI Plug Adapter
- Right Angle (L Bend) HDMI Plug Adapter
- Straight HDMI Socket Adapter
- Straight Mini HDMI Plug Adapter
- Right Angle (R bend) Mini HDMI Plug
- Right Angle (L Bend) Mini HDMI Plug
- Straight Mini HDMI Socket Adapter
- Straight Micro HDMI Plug Adapter
- Right Angle (R Bend) Micro HDMI Plug
- Right Angle (L Bend) Micro HDMI Plug
- Straight Micro HDMI Socket Adapter
There are five (5!) different length ribbon cables available:
- 10cm HDMI Ribbon Cable
- 20cm HDMI Ribbon Cable
- 30cm HDMI Ribbon Cable
- 50cm HDMI Ribbon Cable
- 100cm HDMI Ribbon Cable
Adapters and ribbon cables are sold separately! Check out all of the options we have in the shop to craft your very own custom cable.
We tested out these DIY cable kits with a Raspberry Pi at 1080P and they worked great but note that they are not going to be as durable or shielded as ready-made cables.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Lessons Learned Scaling Airbnb 100X
Wearables — ABS ABC
Electronics — When do I use X10?
Biohacking — The Quantified Self Approach to Lowering Blood Glucose
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.