From the GitHub release page:
2.0.0 is here! 2.0.0 updates CircuitPython to a MicroPython 1.9.2 foundation that we built awesome data storage related functionality on. Now you can write files to the file system and, on some boards, write raw bytes to a non-volatile section of memory.
Thank you to all CircuitPython and MicroPython contributors. Second, thank you to all who tested and found issues with 2.0.0 betas: @ladyada, @ntoll, @deshipu, @willingc, @jerryneedell, @KurticusMaximus, @kattni, @cledic, @diogoviannaaraujo, @cpunches, @eighthree, @joeynelson, @mrmcwethy, @fabitencourt, @hukuzatuna. From discord: scruffynerf, Sigafoos. Please keep up the awesome testing! Join us on the Discord chat to collaborate.
Here are the changes since 1.0.0:
- Update to MicroPython 1.9.2 which supports mounting multiple file systems at once.
- Introduce a
storagemodule to facilitate mounting and unmounting file systems.
- atmel-samd: Increase heap size from 16k to 20k. This means more code can be loaded. Thanks @dhalbert!
- Introduce a
nvm.ByteArrayto provide limited byte storage even when the file system is read-only.
- Explicitly load frozen modules from the
.frozenpython path instead of the empty path implicitly.
- Documentation improvements thanks to @willingc, @KurticusMaximus, @mrmcwethy and @dhalbert .
- atmel-samd: Introduce
audiobusio.PDMInfor recording sound to memory from a PDM microphone such as the one on the CircuitPlayground Express.
- atmel-samd: CircuitPlayground Express. NeoPixel library is now frozen in.
Moving from 1.0.0 to 2.0.0 is not a perfect process. There are a few things that break when doing so.
- mpy files compatible with 1.0.0 are NOT compatible with 2.0.0 because MicroPython changed the format. A 2.0.0 bundle is available here. (Its built by changing the branch of circuitpython in the bundle repo before building it.)
uosis replaced by
urandomis replaced by
Have a Feather M0 Express, Metro M0 Express, Gemma M0, Trinket M0 or Circuit Playground Express? Download a .uf2 and follow these instructions. To install our libraries simply download the bundle for your release and copy the
libfolder onto your
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Presentation: Ten Year Futures – Benedict Evans
Wearables — Simulate tattoos
Electronics — Servo Pulses
Biohacking — Nutrigenomics – Personalized Vitamin Supplements Based on DNA
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.