What makes this board special is that it can be easily re-programmed by simply changing the state of the 8-position DIP switch, no coding or computer required! To give you an idea of the range and flexibility of this board, here are some things you can quickly reprogram your Art Controller to do:
– Use it as a one-shot timer, or a continuously repeating timer with delays as short as 1 second or as long as 31 hours.
– Activate a trigger only when the input signal stays high for a certain amount of time.
– Trigger something automatically when a certain amount of time passes without otherwise being triggered.
– Turn on a warning LED or siren a set time before turning on the relay.
– Trigger only when a set of digital inputs (up to 16) meet a specific set of high and low conditions.
– Cancel a trigger is the “Start” button is pressed a second time.
Make a robot friend with Adafruit’s CRICKIT – A Creative Robotics & Interactive Construction Kit. It’s an add-on to our popular Circuit Playground Express, FEATHER and other platforms to make and program robots with CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. Start controlling motors, servos, solenoids. You also get signal pins, capacitive touch sensors, a NeoPixel driver and amplified speaker output. It complements & extends your boards so you can still use all the goodies on the microcontroller, now you have a robotics playground as well.